Abby has always been a nervous child. If she thinks there is a chance she will get hurt. She just won't try. When she learned how to ride a bike 5 years ago it was a forced effort on Marty's part. He worked with her many many evenings. She has had a bike but she would never ride it. Instead she would run with her friends or ride her scooter. She was just to scared of falling and getting a scrape. Well this April, was Derik's birthday and he got a new bike. She didn't want to ride hers anymore because it was to girly and not big enough anymore. Well I told her if she would practice riding Derik's and show me she could and would ride the bike that we would get her a new one. That wasn't so girly and would fit her better. Well that excited Abby (she is also the kid who likes to get stuff-if there is something she wants she will nag until she gets it or is grounded) Anyway with the thought of a new bike she finally decided to get on Derik's and show me she could ride it. So then the NAGGING began. "Mom, you said I could get a new bike, when are we going to get it?" or "Mom I showed you that I could ride a bike, Can we go to town now and get my new bike?" Well I had promised her this time so over the weekend we looked at all the stores to find a bike that was the right size but not to girly. She would of just got a boy bike but the bar is to high and it hurt! lol. So we finally found her one in Layton at Toys-r-us that she liked. It is still kinda girly but it wasn't pink or purple so it was ok! It is all worth it though, she will be 10 in August but it is like she is 5 and learning again but this time she isn't so scared and she is enjoying it.
Download essentials managing human stewart rtf
7 years ago




2 comments:
Good for her. I was wondering why I have seen her riding a bike up and down the sidewalk so much lately!
Yeah! I love how she didn't want a girly one. lol. Arley has not been off Abby's first bike. She LOVES it. Thank you. Now maybe they could ride together.
Post a Comment